The characteristics and properties of BIOPLAST liquid wallpaper
BIOPLAST liquid wallpaper is a type of decorative plaster, the aesthetic value of which is its ability to create a seamless surface coating, similar to a tissue. At the same time, unlike traditional textiles, BIOPLAST liquid wallpaper has no seams, does not attract dust and does not burn.
Liquid wallpaper is designed for interior decoration of both residential and working areas. The application technique makes it possible to cover curved areas of surfaces in addition to walls and ceilings. The coating elasticity allows its use for the surfaces, prone to the formation of micro cracks and in unheated rooms.
Application of Liquid Wallpaper
Components of BIOPLAST liquid wallpaper are environmentally safe and comply with the highest health standards. In the BIOPLAST liquid wallpaper dry mixture the following components are used:
Textile fibers. It is a major component in the Bioplast liquid wallpaper. Textile fibers undergo a rigorous selection on environmental safety and high consumer properties criteria. The most commonly used textile fiber is artificial silk in different texture performance.
Cellulose fiber. As you know, cellulose, or in other words cellulosic fibers, is obtained by processing wood. It is the basis for all kinds of paper production, which, as we know, has a wide application in everyday life.
CMC. It is used as a binder, or in other words, the adhesive component. This material is also as cellulose fiber, a derivative from technological cycle of wood materials processing. It has wide application in the manufacture of cosmetics, where it is also used as a thickener.
Decorative elements. They are used as decorative components: vermiculite, a natural mineral in the form of flakes; various types of glitters, which are also used in the cosmetics industry; flock elements of decor.
Properties of Liquid Wallpaper
Environmental and sanitary safety. For us, as for manufacturers of decorative coating, a question of our product environmental safety is in the first place. When creating our finishing material, our main idea was that lies the environmental properties of our product are presented by its components. Carefully selecting the components, we have ensured that all of BIOPLAST liquid wallpaper constituents have a long history of use in everyday life, and have earned the reputation of safe materials both for health and the environment over many years of use.
This has been confirmed by the conclusions of the state sanitary-epidemiological expertise and services of sanitary safety of other states, including the European Union.
The supporting documents can be found in the relevant section of our website.
Properties of the Liquid Wallpaper
- Fire safety. This criterion is an important factor in product safety and is evaluated by many components, such as flammability, combustibility, flame spread, smoke generation. Assessing all the complex of components, the state fire expert concluded that the BIOPLAST liquid wallpaper have a high degree of fire safety and can even be used on escape routes. Supporting documents can also be found in the relevant section of our site.
- Aesthetic appeal. In addition to the core value of safety, the main value of any decorative material is to meet modern aesthetic trends in the design space. Bioplast liquid wallpaper, being decorative plaster based on artificial silk fibers, creates an effect of seamless fabric coating. We can be proud that our experts, as the result of their work, have created a number of unique decorative effects, not used before.
- The material is easy to work with. A distinctive feature of BIOPLAST liquid wallpaper is that it is:
- easy to prepare the material – it is sold in the form of a ready mix, which is enough to dilute in the warm water;
- easy to prepare the surface for paint application - no need to make a smooth base. In other words, starter filler is enough for applying liquid wallpaper, unsealed with acrylic primer;
- and of course, the very application process can be done by someone who is not an expert in the finishing work – application is done by simply smoothing the plastic mass.
Easy to dry. Drying of the applied material does not require special conditions – it is enough to ventilate the room, once every half hour. The warmer and drier the air is in the room, as well as the more active is the exchange of air - the faster moisture will evaporate from the newly applied coating.
- Does not attract dust. From experience we know that the only possible way to avoid dust attraction is to make the surface electrostatically neutral. In other words, to make the electrostatic charge of the surface close to zero. Our technologies, thanks to the hard work on the selection of components, made it possible to perform this difficult task. And now we are proud to say that the BIOPLAST liquid wallpaper does not attract dust!
- When selecting the components that make up the Bioplast liquid wallpaper, special attention was paid to ensure that none of them causes allergies. The rich experience of our product safe use since 2006 is the best proof of its hypoallergenic properties.
- No seams. Like any decorative plaster, liquid wallpaper means absence of seams after application, which gives a pleasant aesthetic effect and makes it an undisputed technological advantage, especially when applied to complex geometries.
- Thermal insulation. Fibrous structures perfectly retain heat by nature, due to holding smaller air volumes between the fibers, which itself is an excellent thermal insulator. This feature allows you to keep the room warm in winter and cool in the summer season.
- Noise absorption. Absorption of sound vibrations is achieved due to the fibrous structure affect, just like thermal insulation. No wonder, that all the insulating materials are always excellent sound absorbers. And liquid wallpaper decorative plaster based on fiber is not an exception to this rule.
- Frost resistance. The fibrous structure of the finished coating gives the coating high elasticity property. This makes it possible to use BIOPLAST liquid wallpaper in the conditions, impossible for usual roll wallpaper use caused by temperature variations. It may be summer houses, which remain without heating for a long time, veranda and lobby areas with direct access to the street in the private house building.
- The absence of micro cracks. High elasticity, as in case with frost resistance, prevents micro cracks formation after the final coating.
This property can be effectively used on surfaces, prone to the formation of microcracks, such as clay-based plaster, as well as for the surface finishing of the newly constructed buildings, that are prone to micro-cracks production within the next five years under the planned shrinkage of the building.
Water vapor permeability - the fibrous structure of the coating allows adjusting the humidity in the room, or how they often say "allows the walls to breathe." It should be noted that this property favorably distinguishes BIOPLAST liquid wallpaper from the most popular finishing materials, such as vinyl wallpaper or decorative plaster.
- High resistant to sunlight. First of all, it is achieved because the BIOPLAST liquid wallpaper does not use pigments and other coloring components both for its composition, unstable to such an impact. Instead, all the components go through the dying process ”in mass”, which ensures a high level of light resistance of all the components individually and of the coating as a whole. This property is confirmed by the appropriate sign marking on the package.
- Finishing properties. In the process of applying a liquid wallpaper within its own application thickness, which is 1.2 mm, conceal surface irregularities. Thus, often, BIOPLAST liquid wallpaper can save time and money at this stage of finishing works as plaster finishing, which simply is not necessary. Surface preparation can be completed, and starter filler may be unsealed by the acrylic primer.
- BIOPLAST liquid wallpaper is one of the few materials that allow quick and easy replacement of any damaged or contaminated coating fragment. By abundant macerating of the local coating area its plasticity is achieved, just like in the process of application, making it easy to replace the damaged area. For more information about this property, you can see the section devoted to the care and maintenance of our material.
- Extensive creative possibilities. Working with liquid wallpaper technology makes it possible not only to put them on the curved surface, but also combine with other colors, creating patterns on the surface. Follow us on our blog site. We plan to devote a series of articles to the artistic aspects of the application of our material and share with you the secrets of our masters.
Simple dismantling. Sooner or later, there is a need for any decoration material dismantling, after completing his lifetime. The reasons for this may be different: physical wear and tear of the material, its obsolescence and mismatch with modern trends, or simple human desire to update the interior. In this situation, easy removal of the coating will not only directly affect the final impression of the material, but also on the energy and resources spent on its dismantling. Removal of liquid wallpaper is very simple - they must be abundantly soaked in water, using a roller with a long nap, and collect the plastic mass from the surface with plastic trowel.